The latest information and technology can help you better manage diabetes.
The more you know, the better you will be at managing your diabetes. Our pharmacist can advise you on glucose management, glucose meters, personal care plans, diabetes log books, and overall diabetes care.
Pharmacists are accessible health care providers in your community and are an excellent source of health information and support. We can help you manage your diabetes through prescription, education, and additional services that will help provide a better lifestyle for yourself and your family.
We offer a full line of insulin and prescription medications and a complete computer record of all your prescriptions and diabetes supplies.
Our pharmacists can answer your questions about insulin management, blood glucose testing and insulin pumps.
It’s difficult to control diabetes without knowing blood glucose level, and the only way to know that is to test your blood regularly.
Our pharmacist can help you learn about the latest in glucose testing technology, so that you can choose a meter that is right for you.
- Using insulin more than once a day – At least 3 times per day (include before and meal tests)
- Type 2 diabetes, using insulin once per day – At least once per day, at variable times
- Type 2 diabetes, not using insulin – not well controlled – Periodic before/after meal measurements
- Type 2 diabetes, not using insulin – in target range – Infrequent testing may be appropriate
- For additional information on glucose monitoring, check out this interactive tool from Diabetes Canada.
Note: Confirm your testing schedule at each visit with your health care provider. Always ask if you’re unsure.
Blood Sugar Target Range**
Target for most with diabetes
4.0 – 7.0mmol/L
5.0 – 10.0mmol/L
** Check with your healthcare professional on what target range is best for you. Targets should be individualized based on age, duration of diabetes, risk of severe hypoglycemia, presence or absence of cardiovascular disease and life expectancy.
Questions about diabetic meters and training?
Personal Care Plans
as unique as you are
Get one-on-one support from our Certified Diabetes Educator Pharmacist (at select locations). Ask about opportunities to meet individually with one in your area.
Here’s what to expect from a personal care plan:
- Diabetes Management Plan
- Ensure your medications are working for you
- Understand insulin types and injection technique
- Review technology specific to diabetes management
- Learn how blood pressure affects your diabetes and more
Everything you need to manage your diabetes, under one roof!
Our pharmacy offers complimentary sharps disposal.
Diabetes log books
Easily track your blood glucose tests, insulin and more – all in one place.
Managing Diabetes magazine
Ask for an issue of this magazine for helpful, up-to-date information on the things you care about.